Monday 9 January 2012

Sherlock

I have currently been watching the series "Sherlock" on BBC1 and some of the shots that were in the latest episode "Hound of the Baskervilles" which included a great two shot (shown below) where it seems that a fade effect has been used yet it is just the angle of the camera and the focus pull that create this fantastic shot!
As well as this the sound plays a major part in creating the suspense within this episode and through using high pitched music and diegetic howling sounds the scene is given an eerie feel thus creating more tension and suspense to build up within the audience.
Sherlock has not only been hitting our tv screens but recently the second film starring Robert Downey Jr (see below) has hit the screens and after seeing it I was amazed. Guy Richie stunned me with the beautifully edited slow motion fights however the third picture below was the slow motion running scene which I found a bit cheap, the fight scenes were great but I think Richie went too far with the running scene, however this is the only criticism I found throughout the film

I would find it extremely difficult to place one above the other as although great emphasis to detail is used in the film I cannot keep my mind off of the pull focus scene in the television series. I would therefore recommend that both are seen as they both contain the highest quality of shots and editing skills that neither should be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment