Sunday 5 February 2012

City of God

My first impression before watching it was very sceptical. I think what put me off was that it was in Portuguese and I didn't much like the idea of reading a film as oppose to watching it. However I was completely wrong to judge it by this and I think that if it were in English it would not have the same affect. The way in which the story is told is also really clever and unique and the way in which photography is entwined into the whole story creates a sense of verisimilitude which I really enjoyed.
I would definitely recommend it and would advise not to let the subtitles put you off. It seems strange reading them at first but after 5 minutes its hardly noticeable, a must see.

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know, in Brazil, the language is Brazilian Portuguese - not Spanish..

    Very similar, but different language.

    Glad you like the film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, forgot to say, your blog is outstanding! Is setting the standard - well done you.

    ReplyDelete